Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Homemade Christmas Decorations

While looking through some of my favorite blogs the other day I saw that Lori Ann Corelis from The Spotted Hare was drying oranges for decorations on her tree. I just loved how they looked, so I decided to give them a try.  I had tangerines that were a little past their prime and an extra Christmas tree that usually just has lights on it every year. As I was slicing the oranges I found that I needed to slice mine little thicker due to the squishy factor of the overly ripe oranges, so I might need to bake them a little bit longer. I can't wait to see how they turn out, I will post piccies later when they are on the tree. I have posted the recipe below if you would like to give it a try.

Orange Slice Decorations

Preheat over to 200 degrees
Place thinly sliced oranges on a foil lined cookie sheet
Bake for 1 hour and then turn to other side
Bake for an additional 1/2 hour to 1 hour (keep checking so they don't burn)
Hang from heavy duty string and place on tree.

Have Fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment